If you are a Mac user it’s important to keep up with Apple’s latest enhancements, including how new features can help or hinder your device security and data privacy.
Malware can be a threat to the security of your device and data, as viruses, worms, trojans, ransomware or spyware.
Cybercriminals use malware to gain control over your laptop and try to access your personal data and might use your data to commit crimes such identity theft and fraud.
To be protected, you should know how to secure you Mac operating system:
- choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault. This feauture secures data by encrypting its contents automatically
- Use complex and long passwords and lock your screen
- Disable your location by heading to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Location Services
- Limit ad-tracking by clicking on System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Advertising
I hope this helps to keep your Mac and your data on it safe and secure!
Were you aware of this security settings already? 🔐